stupid adjective, i know… what’s another good j-word i could have used for the month?! eh… i’m not too concerned.
january absolutely flew by (but then again, i’m saying that all the time, aren’t i?). obviously it’s midway through february, already and i’m just getting to this! anyway, here were some of the highlights :)
1. a daytrip to foxwoods with mom to see the princess diana exhibit, diana: a celebration. this was such an amazing exhibit. even though it was in glass, i was inches away from her infamous wedding dress, got to see so many of her iconic dresses up close and even saw personal home videos from her childhood. everything was so tastefully done and i loved it!
fun piece of trivia… do you know i’ve met princess diana’s brother, charles spencer?! yes, the same one that gave that famous eulogy at her funeral. see, when i was an intern at a magazine the summer between my sophomore and junior years in college, we covered the unveiling of a home furnishing line called the althorp collection. it was designed by charles spencer to model the pieces at he and princess diana’s childhood home at althorp and there were some beautiful pieces. i know this is a crummy picture of a picture from my phone, but here i am with the brit!
he looks like a wax figure, don’t you think?! anywho… he did a great job helping to create the exhibit and i’m so glad i got a chance to see it while it was in connecticut.
2. the first weekend of the year, hockey east recreated its frozen fenway from 2010 and i got to enjoy some outdoor college hockey at america’s favorite ballpark :) i saw games between unh/maine and umass/vermont. both games went to OT and were so exciting! i also snuck in my first BU game of the year at agganis and it was nice to be “home.”
3. continuing my whirlwind of musical theater at the bushnell this season, we saw MEMPHIS in january and it was fantastic. i really didn’t know what to expect, but it was such a great story and fun cast. i think that wicked will always have my heart as my favorite for this season, but this was a pretty close second.
4. i spent a good chunk of time in boston last month (and this month!) seeing my amazingly strong friend whitney. she was in a terrible car accident and has been such a trooper during her healing process. we’re all so lucky it wasn’t worse and i’m so grateful i get to still visit her and she’s up and about these days - her strength is incredible!
5. i FINALLY got back to lowell to see my guys kick st. mikes’ butts in basketball and visit with some of my favorite former coworkers and friends. it was so nice to be back sharing nachos and laughs postgame and a completely different experience to be able to walk around socializing during the game instead of keeping stats and working hard!
6. i had lots of great catchup visits and even a special visitor (hi danielle!), but somehow neglected to take pictures of most of them… anywho, here’s a shot from dinner with my OTHER family :)
i hope you’re all having a fantastic february and that i don’t take forever to post next month’s recap! so far, this month has been filled with loads of work and will have lots of travel coming up (nyc! boston! lowell!). i need to start planning some trips outside of the northeast…