so i’ve been meaning to write up my july and august post for a bit now and the thing that pushed me over the edge to finally get it done? knowing that this post would push ryan lochte off the front page of my blog and he wouldn’t start yapping every time anyone went to elizpaige.com. ha! my fault for putting him on my blog, but seriously… pipe down, ryan.
anywho! onto the second part of my summer and every wonderful thing going on that i was grateful for. i’m sure i’m forgetting things, but i’m sleepy and need to be up for work at 4:30 tomorrow morning, so i know you’ll forgive me. here are some highlights:
1. my aunt and uncle celebrated their25thwedding anniversarywith a surprise party and vow renewal. so romantic of my uncle to plan it all and yes, their vows even made me cry a bit. it was great seeing them and my cousins and celebrating a lifetime of love between those two.
2. two of my best friends, janelle & dustin, welcomed their son, tyler joseph, into the world in july! i was in their wedding two summers ago and it’s crazy to think what life has brought since then. he’s such a sweet little baby and i can’t believe my friends are parents!
isn’t that picture too funny?! he looks so deep in thought. i love it :)
3. we celebrated both my parents’ birthdays with mom in july and dad in august. mom’s celebration involved a trip to new york to see the lion king on broadway and dad’s included a trip to boston to see bruce springsteen at fenway park. both were so fun and i’m spoiled that i get to share in such fun activities for other people’s birthdays!
4. i had a very well-timed and random day off perfectly in line with a just jack party for my friends chris & brian. the weather - again - was perfect for the fun party and in addition to gorgeous chocolate covered strawberries, i even learned how to play ladder ball!
5. after many summers of trying to plan a trip, i finally visited my buddy whitin hyannis port and had an amazing couple of days with perfect weather, picnics, beach, shopping and relaxation. her family is always so hospitable and it was such a nice getaway! ps - did i mention there were s’mores? because there were.
i would whine and say”take me back to summer & the cape immediately,please!” but i’d be lying if i said i didn’tlove the fall. it’s been coming through lately and i’ve been enjoying the beautiful weather andpumpkin flavored everything.
in fact, i think i’m going to go whip up some vegan pumpkin muffins in honor of the season :) any excuse to bake with fall flavors is fine by me! september has been off to a fantastic start, including a trip to NYC, finally seeing my flauty after almost 1.5 years apart and by the end of the month, my other half will be in connecticut for a whopping FOUR DAYS for a gigantic wedding celebration. i cannot contain my excitement!
i hope your summer was memorable and that your fall is off to a wonderful start.