avocado deviled eggs
when i’m stuck with some late nights at work, one of the things that bums me out is having to eat dinner at my desk. i don’t mind breakfast or lunch at my desk, but dinner, to me, is about family, friends, recapping the day and unwinding. there’s something a little less appealing about eating at a desk.
that being said, i try to make some inventive meals with plastic cutlery and tupperware, when i can.
lately, one of my favorite snacks has been hard boiled eggs. cue the sad looking, half mushy avocado on my counter and you now know the contents of my lunchbox. what to do, what to do? i decided to make healthier deviled eggs! loads of protein, healthy fats and not a drop of mayo or salt in site. also, they only required two ingredients!
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 a ripe avocado
1. slice the eggs in half, lengthwise.
2. scoop out the yolks into a small tupperware/cup/bowl and add the avocado.
3. mush around until the yolks and avocado are well-mixed.
4. scoop the avo/egg mixture back into the hollowed out shells.
5. i garnished mine with a pinch of chia seeds and put them on a bed of snap peas (thanks for the encouragement and not the idea, brian)! looked pretty fancy for a late night work dinner, if i do say so myself.